Thursday, March 1, 2018

A March This and That

 Hello there, March 1st, the first day of the month and shockingly the sun is shining and feels so good and taking in some Vitamin D.   It has been a cloudy and grey February.  Hummm if I remember correctly it was the same in January also.  The fog has been thick as pea soup, not green like the soup but pretty thick fog.  You could see it rolling inland.  Luckily we did get some Northern winds and that certainly helps blow the fog back out into the water.  We get lots of fronts with the weather here, we didn't realize that but just an adventure and learning all sorts of things.   Now I know things are a little different here in South Texas, they call it the Coastal Bend but South Texas to hubby and I.   When in West Texas it was Fall and Fall color and then Winter with Snow.   In January we got 3 inches of snow here in Rockport Tx,  it never really snows down here and I honestly think weather follows Hubby and I.  Really !!!! When we lived outside of Houston in 1972-3 in Katy, when Katy was a small town ( it has been gobbled up by Houston now ), we got snow.    It had not snowed in that area the paper said in 50 years.   Is this a pattern do you suppose?  Weather following us?   We found out the Hurricane had 9 tornadoes in it also.    Well we got the snow in January which finished snowing by 10 AM and was melted and gone by 3 PM. the good snow,  not like what is it they say, company and fish begin to smell after 3 days?   Well this snow didn't over stay it's visit for sure.  I took photos of the snow but they are in hiding from me.  Guess they are playing hide and seek and if they ever turn up I will share.   Then in February we got this :



The prettiest fall colors ever and was across the street so we could enjoy it for a few days.   Sadly the people who live there didn't get to enjoy it as much as we did, they were still not living in their home because of Hurricane damages.    A little color sprinkled here and there and was just a beautiful color.  I have come to the conclusion that  Mother Nature does what she wants to do down here or anywhere.  When she wants to clear her throat, she does it.  I will not complain though, weather just makes life interesting and I do like some seasons during the year.

I had to share what also happened in our Neighborhood.  The city came and it was our turn for round 1 of the clean up. Right now I think round 3 of clean up with the big trucks is going on.  It was a wonderful site to us all, the trucks and "diggers" as grandson use to call them.   We sat in the garage and watched this, gave the workmen thumbs us and we looked around and neighbors all along the street had their lawn chairs just watching it all get cleared up.  It felt so good to see the rubble go off to the meridian on Highway 35. That is the only place they have to put so much debris and it was for miles also but now the meridian  is getting cleared and that is such a good site.   I cannot imaging how much mold and not the best things for you was in the rubble. Silly us we didn't think to wear a mask so it did choke us up later but we lived and no complaints from us.


I do like the way his safety stabilizer was down on the "digger:    



We saw where they dumped the tree trunks and cuttings and they were making mulch, piles and piles of mulch.  Good to recycle and we are talking big mounds and piles of mulch.

Now we have not been as busy as the workers here but I have been painting portraits like a wild woman.   I don't know what I am going to do with them but the stack of paintings are growing.

Here are a couple of new paintings I have just finished, there are lots more but I won't bore you with them all.   I saw this one on the internet and it just spoke to me and kind of reminds me of the little girl on Golden Compass, I loved that movie so of course I had to paint this.  It is mixed media and sitting on my stack of pretties.   I like the way the owl and the girl are connecting and the colors just spoke to me.



One more painting Frida Kahol and I wanted to make her softer than the stern paintings and photos I have seen of her.   I did take some liberties with her but isn't that an artist's licence?     Again it is a mixed media painting. 



Now I have not been idle with my Crazy Quilting.   This is a beautiful heart a friend let me embellish for her.   I love to embellish but not the sewing part.  I laugh sometimes I have a rule that if the piece doesn't weigh 100 pounds it just isn't finished.   This is a relaxing art form of art for me to do while watching TV and  and and Baseball is fixin to start.    


I did have a pretty pin I added to this and the sweet Faerie someone sent to me.  I sadly don't remember who sent the faerie but a giant thank you for thinking of me.  

Well this is what happening in my world today and thank you for stopping by  

OXOXXO
Annette

2 comments:

  1. The owl and the girl ... had to pin. Lovely, lovingness.
    The sun is shining here in southern Canada. There is snow on the ground from yesterday. First rain, then a bit of frozen rain then big, fat white flakes hurling themselves to earth. I was sodden ... wet wicking up my pantlegs, soaking my hat, gloves, jacket. Had to take most of my clothes off in the foyer and hang them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the Owl girl. Oh I remember when I was small we had to strip clothes off when playing in the snow, I guess you weren't playing though. Keep warn and thanks for posting xoox

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo