Saturday, March 31, 2018

March 31 Bunny Trails

Hello and Happy last day of March.   I always forget how many days are in a month and I always have to recite the little saying I learned at least a million years ago.  30 days has September, April, June and November all the rest have 31 except for February has 28  except in a leap year and it has 29.   Where I learned it I don't have a clue and the fact that I remember it is almost an earth shattering event.  Really!!

It is funny little things you remember from growing up. Some are good and some are not as good but put those out of your head and just remember the good memories, like having mud fights and playing hide and seek when you are dressed up like an Indian or a Cowboy.  You never knew who the Indians were or the Cowboys until we started playing.  Sometimes I was an Indian and sometimes a Cowboy.  No planning we just played.    I know you all have a wonderful story to tell  and if you want to share it here that is good and if not it is good also.  Little things in life just pop into your head with no warning at all.   I guess I should write them down but then that might be work.

We did take a little mini vacation yesterday and went to the beach over at Port Aransas Texas.  The hardest part of that is waiting inline for the ferry to take us over to the island.  We thought we were almost in the twilight zone we only had to wait maybe 10 minutes and usually it is 1 1/2 hours or more, depending on the traffic.  They do have another giant ferry they have added and that helps also.     We usually are semi patient to wait though we just love watching the waves and just hearing it with all the energy in that water.   The wind was blowing, not the West Texas strength but blowing about 15 to 20 miles an hour, just a gentle breeze.  There were quite a few people at the beach  being as it was Good Friday and the Easter weekend. It is always interesting to see all the "set ups" people have at the beach, with tents and umbrellas ans what have you.   We just, after walking the beach, sat in the back of our SUV and had a nice non wind relaxing time.   We are bums now you remember.

We did take a picture of the waves and I had to write a little note to a sweet and strong friend.  I left an e out of her name but she didn't care.   Just felt good to do this and hear the gulls and watch the little "chicken birds" as our daughters use to call the little birds that ran around on the beach.   I have no idea what kind of birds they are so "chicken birds" are good for us.  Now the sun was so strong I could not see the edges of the words on the screen of my little fun camera  ( I do not take my ancient good camera to the beach ) so Eldon placed his foot on one side, I zeroed in on that spot  and then he went to the other side and his foot came with him, to mark the other side of the name.  We just laughed, he has done, in the photography world, different things than that for me to get the right camera framed image.   Thank you Eldon, you are the best helper ever.


While on the subject of Eldon helping me, he was a good sport about it all.   I had started photographing airplanes at night and he helped me with these also.  It was always interesting what we did in photography and certainly a fun adventure in my life.  Once he went up with me in a small plane while I was photographing something.   He was looking thru a camera also and said he didn't know how I did it for so long.  I always got funny feeling in the head for the rest of the day but it was still fun.   I wouldn't have traded those years for anything, meeting a great group of clients and today most of them I am still in contact with. That is a blessing.     Here is one of the planes we photographed with nothing but a flash.



Now this is the back of a painting.  A lot of the studio samples I just turned around and  used gesso and  then a painting surface for me.


Here is now the front of the painting, a reflection on the glass but if you remember I used this and two others as a back splash in our kitchen.

Now Eldon gets to see the finished images of my paintings.  He is my inspiration and best cheerleader joined by many cheerleaders for me on Facebook.   I am a lucky lady.

I just finished a painting and I did so stray from the inspiration photo I had to go by.  Man alive did I stray but it was some collage and painting and when it is collage to me that means add stuff Annette.  A little strong for some but you have to have fun with your painting or you just will burn out.  I mean all the paintings I create now are for fun and the stack of the paintings are growing.  I have sold some and some prints but just painting to keep me out of trouble.  I have added more white highlights on this Carmen Miranda inspired lady.   I just had to add goodies to her hat.  I guess my Texas bling just had to shine.




Now I did have a calmer self last week and did this Madonna and am using her also for Ciggies in my crazy quilting and even sold a few for other Crazy Quilters.


Well there you go my end of March shout out to you my readers.    Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.

                                                              OXOXOX
                                                                Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and sharing your work. You know how we love these and makes our hearts happy for the day. xo